JobKeeper enrolment deadline extension.
The Australian Tax Office has announced extension of the enrolment deadline for the initial JobKeeper periods, from 30 April 2020 until 31 May 2020.
If you enrol by 31 May, you will still be able to claim for the fortnights in April and May, provided you meet all the eligibility requirements for each of those fortnights. This includes having paid your employees by the appropriate date for each fortnight.
You must also top-up wages for any employee paid less than $1500 per fortnight by 8 May, if your entity wishes to receive JobKeeper payments for that employee during the first two fortnights of the program (30 March – 12 April and 13 April – 26 April 2020). If you do not top-up your staff by 8 May, you will not be able to claim JobKeeper for those employees for the first two fortnights.
You can enrol and claim for JobKeeper for an earlier date if you choose. For example, you can enrol by the end of April to claim JobKeeper payments for the two fortnights in April.
Read more about the JobKeeper extension at the ATO’s website.
To discuss your business’ eligibility or for assistance with enrolment for JobKeeper payments, contact a Kearney Group Business Adviser.
Our team can assist with:
- determining your eligibility including performing turnover calculations
- helping you identify eligible employees
- assisting with your ongoing payroll responsibilities, including reporting to the ATO
- enroling for JobKeeper program with the ATO
- reconfirming eligibility of your employees
- tracking and reconciling JobKeeper payments
- planning for your business in a Post-COVID-19 world.