Connecting digitally. Distancing socially.
Coronavirus update – 16 March 2020.
Like you, we’re watching the evolving situation with coronavirus closely – grappling with both the human and health implications, and the associated financial and economic impacts it presents for people and businesses across the globe.
As always, our key priority is the safety of our team members, clients, suppliers and our direct community. We’ve been fortunate to have avoided any cases of, or possible exposure to coronavirus, in our practice thus far. However, there is still a long way to go until this outbreak is under control and we believe that decisive leadership is required from local businesses today, if we are to change the global trajectory of this pandemic into the future.
After much research and discussion, we believe the best immediate response from our organisation is strong support for social distancing initiatives, until such time as a cure or vaccine becomes available or the virus is contained.
We believe that decisive leadership is required from local businesses today, if we are to change the global trajectory of this pandemic into the future.
Kearney Group calls for urgent, decisive action.
Effective immediately, we are throwing our business’ full weight behind social distancing measures, in an attempt to help flatten the curve on coronavirus globally.
As of close of business on Monday, 16 March 2020:
- Kearney Group’s office will be closed to clients and the public, until further notice.
- Our advisers will continue to be available by phone, email and by video link.
- All client appointments will go ahead as scheduled, conducted via video hookup.
- – If you have an appointment scheduled for the coming week, a Team Coordinator will be in touch today with your video link and instructions on how to connect.
- – For appointments next week and beyond, we will be in touch in the coming days.
- Kearney Group employees will be working from home. Until further notice, they will not be required to attend the office for work, client appointments or other events. They will only be authorised to attend the office if it is deemed as safe or safer than working from home.
- We have indefinitely postponed client functions and events.
- Business air travel has been suspended until further notice.
- We strongly discourage international holidays and air travel at this time, and any employee who chooses to travel abroad must self-isolate upon return, following Government guidelines.
- Our staff members agree to not attend large group gatherings and follow social distancing guidelines in their personal lives.
- Where necessary, employees of our business will be quarantined and undergo mandatory testing, in line with instructions from Victoria’s Chief Health Officer and the Department of Health and Human Services.
We will amend and update our business activities and social distancing measures, as conditions continue to evolve. Please keep an eye on our website and social platforms for more information.
A moment of gratitude and recognition.
At Kearney Group, we recognise we’re in the fortunate position to be able to continue our work and provide our services remotely, with relative ease.
Our shift to fully cloud-based technologies a few years ago allows us to continue our service in this unusual time. And for this, we’re grateful.
We know that now, more than ever, you may wish to speak with your advisory team to shore up your business and make smart, pro-active decisions for your home and family. Rest assured: we’ll be here for you.
We acknowledge that our service in the next few weeks will likely have moments of imperfection as we figure out the intricacies of working with social distance, but we are going to press forward regardless – for the good of our community and for those who cannot NOT go into their workplaces. Through efforts like ours, we hope that those on the front lines can continue to operate, as safely as possible.
We also recognise that providing remote services isn’t possible for many businesses, including long-standing clients of our practice. To the doctors and medical clinics, lab scientists, aged care facility operators, salons, builders, cafes and restaurant owners we support: we see you. We know you’re under pressure and we hope we can be of service during this difficult period.
We all know the reasons to be concerned. But this is not the time to let fear win – there’s still a long way to go with this pandemic and more than anything, we need hope and community and this requires unity and acts of leadership, big and small.
Let’s all look into our own little circles of influence, keep calm and do our bit to help flatten the curve.
This is not the time to let fear win – there’s still a long way to go with this pandemic and more than anything, we need hope and community and this requires unity and acts of leadership, big and small.